Scientific Press Release Writing
EurekAlert! press releases, annual reports, other PR based on your published (or post-acceptance) manuscript
Increase Your Research Exposure and Impact
Customized scientific press releases
Post-publication exposure is critical for your research to have life and be widely cited. If only a few specialists can find your work, the world may never know about it. The Scize press release service creates a customized, journalistic report of your science. And in an attractive, conversational tone that lay reader will enjoy and the media will want to publicize.
Your release will be written by an experience scientific journalist, in a tone suitable for broad audiences.
Single press releases start at US$500 with institutional discounts available. This service is suitable for academic departments, research institutions, think tanks, and NGOs/NPOs that do original and newsworthy research.
Here are some examples:
- Researchers in Japan make android child’s face strikingly more expressive
- Brainwave activity reveals potential biomarker for autism in children
- Multi-hop Communication: Frog Choruses Inspire Wireless Sensor Networks
- China’s special economic zones found to reap billions of dollars in net benefits
- Experience of caring for a loved one linked to valuable end-of-life discussions
WHY USE SCIENTIFIC PRESS RELEASES?
Impact, recognition, funding...
Here are 5 ways a press release can benefit you and your research team:
- Reach a wider audience: Press releases let you – a researcher – communicate your findings to a broader audience beyond the scientific community – including journalists, policymakers, and the general public. When people understand your science, they can publicize and engage with it.
- Generate media coverage: Science journalists and other media writers are constantly looking for things to write about. Press releases are often where the media looks first.
- Improve visibility: Publish your press release on a website/newswire like EurekAlert! and increase the chances of journalists and others readers finding it. It will remain online in an engaging and accessible format.
- Boost citations: Studies have shown that press releases can help increase citations. Press releases not only help the media find your science, they help other scientists find you via a portal, social media, and other public outlets.
- Funding opportunities: Increased visibility and citations can also lead to funding opportunities, as funding agencies are more likely to fund projects with a track record of success and impact. If your work’s widely visible, it’s a sign that you are an impact-making researcher.
Press releases for these and other sciences
We can accommodate these and related fields. Contact us if you’re not sure.
Workflow: As soon as 5 days
Creating your plan
2. Get a reply, let’s discuss your needs
You’ll get a quick response and we’ll email or set up a video call to figure out your aims and budget.
Getting down to work
3. Now it’s time to work
The conditions depend on your project. We’ll get to work.
Working to completion
4. Job is finished, or we revise
All jobs are different. Some bigger than others. We’ll clearly communicate the progress and work cooperatively with you on editing and revision. If you have a kanban or other system, we’ll use it, or we’ll suggest one.
Our door is open
5. You’ve got a friend
Get in touch with further needs, questions, if you need some advice. Your success is our success.
Send your materials and details. Or if you’re just looking to improve your content-related results, write us for some ideas. Estimates and brainstorms are always free.